Monday, May 7, 2012

Life After NaPoWriMo

NaPoWriMo has ended and I've emailed in five of the poems that I wrote to a contest, but I won't find out the results until August. So what's next for this blog? Robert Lee Brewer's blog Poetic Asides posts up poetry prompts every Wednesday, which I will write and post here either Wednesday or Thursday, so stay tuned for more poetry and other information on my writings.

Here is my poem from last week's prompt:

A Vacuum Quatern

You are the worst kind of vacuum.
Vacuums are supposed to inhale
the dirt, clean up the crumbs of the
messes others make in our lives.

But this is not the case with you--
you are the worst kind of vacuum,
sucking up only the good things,
pulling any positive thought

or smile out of me, taking it
all for yourself, leaving me none.
You are the worst kind of vacuum,
draining my happiness, sucking

up all my energy, leaving
me drained after being with you;
you're almost like a vampire.
You are the worst kind of vacuum.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home